Wiki Travel Athens
Athens in the Classic Heartland Region of Georgia.
- Athens-Ben Epps Airport (IATA: AHN), 1010 Ben Epps Drive, +1 706 613-3420, +1 706 613-3417 (fax), . The Athens-Ben Epps Airport is the first airport in Georgia. It was named named for Georgia's first aviator, Ben T. Epps Sr., who opened the airport in 1917. Commercial, charter, and private flights are available. Commercial service is provided by GeorgiaSkies, serving Athens with flights from Atlanta.
- Groome Transportation. Express bus service to/from Atlanta. Mondays through Saturdays, buses stop at the Athens Multi-Modal Transportation Center (775 E Broad St); on Sundays, buses stop at the East Campus Parking Deck on the University of Georgia campus. Double Deck Coaches with WiFi, Restrooms, Power Outlets and seats starting at $1. Onward connections from Atlanta to Orlando, Memphis, New Orleans, Mobile, Montgomery and Nashville.
- United Taxi Cab, 1121 Mlk Jr Parkway, +1 706 549-0808.
- Your Cab CO, 714 Oglethorpe Avenue, +1 706 546-5844.
- Embassy Limousine Service, Inc., +1 706 227-3255, .
- Limo Service Tampa, +1 813 452-4113, .
- Stephens Limousine Service, Inc., 2375 West Broad Street, +1 706 353-6002.
- The Limousine Co., LLC, +1 706 548-8546, .
Athens Transit can get you around pretty good for $1.75/ride, but not on Sunday . Live bus locations:
This is a very pedestrian friendly city (if you stay out of the suburbs).
- Double Barreled Cannon, Corner of College and Hancock (outside City Hall), . What better way to defeat the Yanks than to give it to them with both barrels! This cannon was designed to shoot twin cannonballs connected by a chain. The designers didn't take into account the impossibility of synchronization, and the cannon was never used. Free.
- The Tree That Owns Itself, Corner of Dearing and Finley, . Colonel W.H. Jackson willed a tree on this spot to itself many years ago. Note: the original tree fell over in 1942; this is its son. Free.
- University of Georgia Old Campus, South of Broad Street downtown. Stroll the grounds of America's oldest state-chartered university. Of particular...
QUE VER EN ATENAS, GRECIA - WHAT TO SEE AND TO DO IN ...
A Vancouver Style Blog by Alexandra Grant: What to See in ...