Interesting facts about Athens
Are you planning to visit Athens, Greece? There are some facts you have to learn about this beautiful city before coming.
1. Its history counts around 3,400 years making it the oldest capital situated in the picturesque land with a perfect climate. Furthermore, Athens has a great history as one of the oldest cities in the whole world.
2. The historical center of the city is not big. It is just about 39 square kilometers, so you can easily cross it several times a day and see every corner you are interested.
3. You can feel nearly safe in Athens as it has one of the lowest crime rates among the capital cities in the world.
4. If you are planning to come to Athens in August, you can enjoy a free entrance night to Acropolis held annually on the night of full moon.
5. If you are planning to go shopping in Athens, make sure you are familiar with all the discounts. You can look for a discount cash flow, mattress coupon, and some other sales, using various websites and advisers on the Internet, such Groupon and TripAdviser.
6. In the period from 1258 to 1832 Athens was a part of Ottoman Empire. It is worth to mention because the other countries in Europe experienced Renaissance and Industrial Revolution at that period. That is why Athens has some cultural heritage that you will not be able to find anywhere else in Europe.
7. What makes Athens a very special place is its first modern King, who was only 17 years old and was a Bavarian Prince.
8. Before 1834, the capital of Greece was the Port of Napoli that was changed by the King mentioned above, who valued the great history of Athens.
9. The Grand Bretagne, also known as the oldest hotel in the city, was used as Nazi shelter in the period of the 2nd World War. When the Soviet army came to Athens, Hitler and Rommel were living there, using it as the FHQ, the official headquarters of Adolf Hitler.
10. One of the most famous places in Athens is its metro, richly decorated by contemporary Greek artists. During its construction, six archeological artifacts were found.
Travel shows: Netflix vs. Sling TV
Not all of us have the ability to travel the world. Our lives and free time depend on numerous factors such as working hours, roles and responsibilities in family and society. That is why Travelling channels have become so popular. There are many TV shows providers that offer us their services and best prices. Still, if you want to pick the best one, you will have to take into consideration numerous factors including the shows, prices and quality they offer. Today we are going to talk about Netflix and Sling TV to find out which one is the best for you.
When it comes to prices, Sling TV starts at $20 a month. Still, the price does not include premium channels and sports packages. You can add most of them for the price from $5 to $15 per month.
The Netflix starts from $7.99 a month. You can add up to $11.99 to get the get the ability for four screens. In other words, the premium account will cost you $11.99 which makes Netflix the winner in this category.
Both two providers offer you shows in a good quality. Sill, according to users testimonials, Netflix offers the best one.The important thing that makes them differ is the ability to watch shows on multiple devices. Netflix is able to provide you this service, while Sling TV does not. So if we are talking about Netflix vs Sling TV, the first one is the winner in the category of quality.
Netflix provides a huge variety of shows available. Still, it is changing the list of shows included in the package and sometimes you can face the following problem: the show you love most is no longer available. When it comes to Sling, it gives you the ability to watch a Travel channel included in the extra package. The only thing you have to consider is how much money you are ready to spend on the services of a video-streaming company.